Sunday, May 19, 2013

Eating Cheap :: Introductions

I'm Tamie, and I eat cheap food.


I feed two adults and two kids for less than $300 a month.

 

I know what you're thinking...ramen, mac n' cheese, Hamburger Helper, right? I can't say that ramen and mac aren't ever consumed in my house, but rarely and almost never for dinner.

Things we regularly eat; homemade bread and hearty soups, pizza from scratch, bbq chicken, teriyaki pork, Thai noodles, meatless meals a few times a week.



On top of that, I try to incorporate new recipes into each meal plan. Last week, it was a Brie and Bacon Quiche recipe that I found on Pinterest. (which I use to find new recipes all.the.time.)

What I plan to write about here is just how I go about making meals work on such a thin budget. Meal-planning takes time and effort, but it's worth it. It won't take nearly as much effort as the crazy couponing thing...which I could never find the time to do.

Basically, meal-planning takes about an hour of your life to do. I do it in front of the tv at night while I catch up on shows. We'll go into all the meat and gravy of the process in a future post.

And now we're acquainted...hope you enjoy!


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Exactly what I needed! I look forward to reading more, Tamie!

    =) Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela!! I figure, why not? I'm already blasting everything I eat as it is! Haha!

      Delete
  2. I love this idea! I just added you to my blog reader. :)

    Can't wait to see what you post. My household could seriously benefit from cheaper options since we pretty much make two dinners a night. One allergen free one for me (that I also reheat for lunch the next day), and one regular meal for my husband and Coraline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure some of my meals will be g-free...I'm interested in incorporating more of them myself!

      Delete