Thursday, June 20, 2013

Cheap Eats :: Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce with Noodles


This is a personal favorite of mine. I don't know if it's the mix of carb-loaded noodle joy  mixed with peanuts...but I love love love Thai-style peanut sauce, really on anything.

I found this recipe and got excited. The only really exotic ingredient is sesame oil. I can swing that cheaply (TJs) and the rest is already in the cupboards.

Again, I threw half of a grilled chicken breast on top, because it was there...but this is great alone on noodles.

You can dress it up with green onion, or not. Crushed peanuts, or not. Some Sriracha, or...well, you get the picture. Just by itself, it's amazing.

Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce
sauce for 1-2 servings (double to serve 4)


Ingredients
1 tbs brown sugar
1 tbs peanut butter
2 tbs soy sauce
2 tbs sesame oil
red pepper flake (to taste, I used about 1/4 tsp for mildly spicy.)
1/4 tsp sesame seeds (optional )


Directions
1. Mix ingredients in a bowl until smooth
2. Toss with noodles
3. Top with crushed peanuts, chicken, green onion, sesame seeds




4 comments:

  1. What kind of noodles do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would be great with buckwheat noodles! I need to try it, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet this would be great with buckwheat noodles! I need to try it, thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete