Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Look Cheap :: Moisturize Me


You all know, I'm on a budget. This frugality is not only a necessity for me, but something I value as well. I like to stretch my buck in all aspects of my family's spending and I may be the cheapest with myself.

But I don't want to look like it! I want to look good too! Who doesn't? But I have never been comfortable spending big bucks of fancy moisturizers or eye creams. Not to mention, like with cleaning products, who the heck knows what they really put in that stuff and what those ingredients will do to my body.

I have the weirdest most neurotic skin ever. It's sensitive and acne prone, oil and dry...I've got wrinkles and pimples to deal with and nothing works really well for both, at least nothing I can afford.

For a while, I was getting ipsy Glam Bags. It's a monthly sample subscription service. If you haven't tried one yet, I'm surprised! They are all the rage. Every month you get a new cool makeup bag and it's loaded with beauty product samples, even full sized items! At $10/mo, it was something I could afford for awhile.

In one of my bags, I got a promo-sized bottle of Josie Maran Argan Oil. I started using it along with my Neutrogena Moisturizer (which wasn't cutting it alone) and WOW! My complexion loved it!

I immediately noticed my skin looking more even toned and brighter. Plus side, it wasn't making me break out either! My fine lines were also being reduced and it didn't leave my skin greasy. I could even wear it under makeup without it making it run like other oil products do.

Well, that promo size of Josie Maran's Oil didn't last forever. I needed more but that price tag...wow! A little pricey for me. Way pricey even. But why? It's just oil...so I did some research.

I found lots of options, tons! I found a bunch of sites with 100% Organic Argan Oil for a fraction of the price, all carrying the same rave reviews. So I went with the cheapest one and pulled the trigger.

This one from NOW Foods was $12.74 for 2oz with free shipping from the site Natural Healthy Concepts.

Side note...the free shipping was scary fast. A couple days and it was in my mail box. Love that!

So to compare:

Josie Maran 100% Organic Argan Oil 1.7oz is :: $48.00
NOW Foods 100% Organic Argan Oil 2oz is   :: $12.74

Savings... $35.26!!!

Now that's some serious savings for the EXACT same product. Plus, they are both natural an organic without any nasty side effects from franken-products. Not to mention, they both work great!

No comments:

Post a Comment