Friday, June 14, 2013

Cheap Eats :: Sweet Heat Sticky Chicken


I bought some orange marmalade a month ago for a recipe I never made. So I was left with a jar and nothing to do with it.

So, I bought some chicken legs at my last trip to Winco and rather than the usual BBQ or roast chicken legs, I decided to try and whip up a sticky glaze with the marmalade.

I loved a recipe that my mom made as a kid, she called it Sticky Chicken. It was made with apricot nectar...something like that. But I loved it! It gave me a taste for sweet glazed chicken. But how to stike a flavor balance?

Heat.

Sweet Heat Sticky Chicken

Ingredients:

6-8 Chicken Drumsticks

Sauce
1/2 cup orange marmalade
3 tbs ketchup
3 tsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tbs olive oil
1/2 tsp(or more) Red pepper Flakes
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
1 clove garlic (minced)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400


1. For the sauce, this is easy, mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
2. Place chicken in a baking dish or on a baking sheet
3. Brush the chicken with the sauce
4. Bake the chicken for 20 mins

5. Remove and brush with sauce again
6. Bake an additional 20 mins
7. Remove and brush again
8. Bake for 15-20 more minutes (I let mine go the full 20)
9. Remove and serve


We had ours with baked red potatoes and it was great. VERY sticky and a nice amount of heat in the background. You'll love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment